Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why Don't People Like Me?

Marcus here.


I like to think that most people like me. I mean, I may not be everyone's favorite, but most people can at least tolerate to be around me. However, there are some people (mostly kids) who just don't like me for some reason. For instance, Amanda's little sister, Julie, used to be scared to death of me.

It's a funny story really. She was only 2 when I first met her, and I had bright red hair and a muppet-esque looking beard. If you've seen amanda's family, you can image that there is no one her family that looks anything like me; so, needless to say, julie would run screaming whenever I would enter the room. One time she was sitting on the floor eating a big bowl of ice cream when I walked in. She was so scared that she abandoned her iced treat and went screaming for daddy.

But suddenly, that simply changed. I don't know what caused it; all I know is that one day I was standing in their hallway when all of a sudden I hear the patting of little feet run up behind me, and I feel a pair of tiny hands slap me on the butt! I turn around and there's Julie's sweet little face grinning up at me. She giggled and ran away. At that point I knew she was ok with me.

Well, Julie turns 11 tomorrow, and I'm very happy that she's let me be a part of her family.

Happy birthday little sister.



-Marcus, SGB

0 comments: