Friday, August 29, 2008

Governor Palin and I Have Something in Common

I haven’t decided yet if picking Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate was a good choice for Senator McCain or not. I’m leaning toward not. It is starting to remind me of the whole Harriet Myers thing a few years ago. But that is not the point of this post….

The point is that Governor Palin and I are both members of the group Feminists For Life. It is a pro-life feminist organization. Taken from their website: "Feminists for Life recognizes that abortion is a reflection that our society has failed to meet the needs of women. We are dedicated to systematically eliminating the root causes that drive women to abortion—primarily lack of practical resources and support—through holistic, woman-centered solutions."


I really hope Governor Palin’s nomination will focus some attention on this awesome organization.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

That's really cool! I still haven't decided if it's a good or bad thing for McCain either. Of course, I'm pulling for him to win in November, so I hope it turns out to be a good thing! Either way, I'm really shocked that he picked her!