Here comes my first post about politics. Before I begin I would like everyone to take note of the fact that it took me 11 posts to get around to politics. :)
So, I mostly identify with the Democratic Party. Actually my only significant disagreement with the party platform is that I am pro-life. I really hope Senator Obama becomes our next president.
With that said, I have been very impressed with Senator McCain. I agree with him politically on very little, but I respect his military service and I really admired it when he stood up to President Bush on torture and then again on global warming. I’ve always thought of him, as many others do, as someone who has a lot of integrity. That perception made me feel ok about the possibility of him becoming our next president. (As I told my friend Amanda, I don’t think I’ll be buying an anti McCain bumper sticker).
Well, my perception of his integrity changed drastically this week. First I came across a random interview with Ross Perot in Newsweek. One of the many reasons Perot hates McCain is because of how McCain’s first marriage ended. I didn’t think too much of it because in the same interview, Perot was relieved when the reporter told him Obama was not Muslim. Didn’t really seem like he’d been paying all that much attention! Then a day later I was on an ebay discussion thread that somehow turned to politics and someone said something similar in regards to McCain’s first marriage.
I googled the information because honestly I thought it was one of those ridiculous rumors/lies that are spread in countless ignorant fear-mongering emails. That’s how unlike my perception of McCain this story was. Plus, I follow politics and I found it suspicious that I was just now hearing about this. Well, it turns out Ross Perot knew what he was talking about. Here is one of the articles I found that probably has the most information for your time:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html
You can find others by googling McCain first wife or first marriage
I’m not posting this to try and change your vote. I know many of my friends and family prefer the policies of the republicans and that’s fine. I mean I think you're wrong and all...... :)
I’m actually really dismayed by this information, because for me the main thing McCain had going for him was his integrity. If he wins I may have to buy an anti McCain bumper sticker after all. :(
Reaching for Momma!
12 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment