On the weight watchers message boards I came across a person who gives herself specific rewards for very 5 pounds lost. As in when she gets to 155 she’ll get a manicure, 150 work out clothes, etc. I thought that was a really good idea, but I’m running into some problems coming up with rewards for myself.
Really all the problems revolve around 2 things:
1. I’m frugal. If I don’t really want or need something then I don’t buy it. (I also hate clutter and don’t like to shop so that helps keep me frugal) For instance I don’t really care for manicures, I mean if someone gave me a free one I’d take it but, meh. Plus if I know that if I just wait then I can get what I want cheaper, I’ll just wait. There is a specific console table that I want for our guest bathroom, and I have been waiting for it to go on sale since we remodeled the bathroom almost 3 years ago. I would love to have it, but it would kill me to buy it before it goes on sale because I know it will eventually.
2. If there is something that Marcus and I need or really want then usually we just buy it (as long as doing so doesn’t interfere with what I mentioned in number 1). If there is something that I want/need that I haven’t bought for myself it’s because it is just too expensive, I talked myself out of spending the money on it (proving that I didn't want/need it afterall), or I’m waiting for it to go on sale.
Those things make it had for me to come up with something that I want but wouldn’t buy for myself normally.
So with that in mind, any ideas for some other way to reward myself every 5 or 10 pounds? Oh, and the rewards are not supposed to be food related.
Really all the problems revolve around 2 things:
1. I’m frugal. If I don’t really want or need something then I don’t buy it. (I also hate clutter and don’t like to shop so that helps keep me frugal) For instance I don’t really care for manicures, I mean if someone gave me a free one I’d take it but, meh. Plus if I know that if I just wait then I can get what I want cheaper, I’ll just wait. There is a specific console table that I want for our guest bathroom, and I have been waiting for it to go on sale since we remodeled the bathroom almost 3 years ago. I would love to have it, but it would kill me to buy it before it goes on sale because I know it will eventually.
2. If there is something that Marcus and I need or really want then usually we just buy it (as long as doing so doesn’t interfere with what I mentioned in number 1). If there is something that I want/need that I haven’t bought for myself it’s because it is just too expensive, I talked myself out of spending the money on it (proving that I didn't want/need it afterall), or I’m waiting for it to go on sale.
Those things make it had for me to come up with something that I want but wouldn’t buy for myself normally.
So with that in mind, any ideas for some other way to reward myself every 5 or 10 pounds? Oh, and the rewards are not supposed to be food related.




3 comments:
That's a toughie!! What about going someplace nice for dinner, or a movie or something like that?
That's hard! I love getting pedicutes, so that was my first 10 pound loss reward. My next 10 pounds was buying some new clothes. One thing I like, but never spend money on is fresh flowers for my house. Maybe a new CD or book? Not too expensive and I bet you could find one on sale! Maybe for a big goal like 20 or 25 pounds you and Marcus could go to a B&B or a hotel for a weekend?
I was going to suggest novels you've been wanting to read, waiting until you reach a goal weight to get them and enjoy them...
Post a Comment