Friday, July 11, 2008

do you do this too?

Ok I have a confession to make. When I visit my friend’s blogs I occasionally view the blogs of their friends that they have listed. These are people I don’t know, so I feel guilty about reading about the details of their lives. On the other hand, they are just out there on the internets, so maybe they don’t care if random strangers read about them? Plus occasionally I find someone who is obviously going through a rough time and I pray for them, does that make it ok? Do any of y’all do this too? I’m starting to think that maybe I have too much time on my hands and need to go back to work!

7 comments:

KathyC said...

my philosophy is, if it's on the internet, it's for the public :o) if it's private, don't post it or make it a private-by-invitation-only blog. plus, i think most people like to have people read their blog anyway.

Amanda said...

I totally agree with Kathy! I do the same thing Amanda.

Anonymous said...

i do it daily....but i have problems :)

Unknown said...

i guess i am caught in the act of doing exactly what you said since i clicked on your blog through a link on chris's blog, even though i don't really know you. but i have met you a couple of times. does that count? i think everyone's blog is fair game for reading.

Amanda said...

Becky-

LOL! That is so funny! We have met a few times so I guess we're not really strangers. This topic did make me wonder who might be reading my blog.

Kara said...

I just got here from Holly's blog a little while ago - and was just thinking about what to write when I friended you on facebook, to explain the blog-jumping. Glad you understand! Anyway, Marcus was right on the money when he said he thought we'd really get along! I've been enjoying reading through your posts, particularly your takes on politics, diversity, world affairs. I'm sure we met long ago some time at ACU, but I look forward to meeting again in person sometime! -- Kara Grant

Kara said...

Actually, it may have been Holly's blog, then the other Amanda's blog, then yours. :)