So, I am embarking on a new weight loss journey. My last one pretty much stalled last July when all of the sudden I had a 3 month long craving for cake and ice cream.
Anyway, I am back on weight watchers and have slowly started working out again. I used to work out regularly, but in February 06 I pinched a nerve in my neck while changing into work out clothes (ironically). Six months later, I severely sprained my ankle. Add to that the whole depression/PTSD/anxiety disorder thing, and well, I haven’t worked out consistently in a very long time.
Unfortunately. it is shockingly easy for me to gain weight. On the other hand, any time I have sincerely tried to lose weight I’ve been able to, so I'm optomistic.
I thought that I would share my weight loss goals on my blog, mainly so they are written somewhere that I can keep track of them.
Goal 1: Lose 10lbs. This is just to get started and to remind myself that I can lose weight if I try. I’m already half way there.
Goal 2: Lose 15% of my starting weight.
Goal 3: Lose 24 pounds. This will bring me to the weight I was when Marcus and I got married.
Goal 4: Lose 15 pounds. This will bring me to how much I weighed when I graduated from high school.
Goal 5: Lose 17 pounds. This will bring me to the weight I was pretty consistently in college. It’s also the weight at which a doctor first told me to lose weight. Pffft… While this weight puts me at the very high end of the healthy weight range for my height, it will also put me at a very happy size 8/10. Plus, it’s the lightest I think I can realistically maintain. I weighed about 10 pounds less for a good while in college, but man, I hardly ate anything and I was 20. I’ll gladly trade the extra 10 pounds to be able to eat. Besides, who needs to be a size 6?
Well, those are my goals. I suppose I’ll update them periodically as I make progress. In the meantime I added a weight loss ticker to the bottom of the blog. Wish me luck!
On a somewhat related side note: I googled bathroom scales to find a picture to add to this post. There are some weird scales for sale. Heart shaped ones, ones shaped like feet, one with Charlie the Tuna, and my personal favorite, one shaped like a smurf. That one also talks. Weird.
Reaching for Momma!
12 years ago



1 comments:
You go, Girl...my best wishes at making your goals. I know you can do it. We are starting on yet another attempt ourselves. I need to give you a call and share some info I found out just recently. Love you, Amanda!
Post a Comment