Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Random Vacation Tidbits

Here are just a few things that I forgot to mention in my earlier vacation posts.

1. When we got on the first ship the Delcambres’ room smelled like a bar. It was horrible. In trying to deal with that and hopefully get them moved to another room, Marcus was told that the ship was overbooked. Huh? How do you overbook a cruise ship? Where do the extra people sleep?

2. Marcus, the Delcambres, and I played games in one of the restaurants most nights of the cruise, and most nights the ship played some sort of Michael Bolton’s greatest hits DVD. I Said I Loved You But I Lied is the dumbest, sappiest song ever written. If I didn’t hate Michael Bolton before, I certainly do now.

3. During our 2 weeks in the Caribbean/Bahamas, we saw a whole lot of people in swimsuits. Now, I am all for people of all shapes and sizes wearing whatever swimsuits they want, with two exceptions: First, speedo wearers. I don’t care if you’re George Clooney or Brad Pitt (attention older gentleman with a beer belly and middle aged gentleman with Robin Williams level hairiness, you are neither) no one wants to see you in a speedo. No. One.

Second, thong wearers. While we are very impressed with the 23 hours a day you spend on the stair master at the gym, we don’t want to see your bare bottom. We really, really don't. We especially don’t want to see it when you bend over (repeatedly) to pick up your golf ball while playing putt putt.

Seriously, wouldn't the world be a better place if speedos and thongs were banned everywhere swimsuits are worn?

So there you go, now you are all filled in on our cruises.

P.S. I found lots of pictures of people in speedos that I could have added to this post. I chose not to. You're Welcome.

3 comments:

Shannon Delcambre said...

ahhhhh, thats awesome! I laughed out loud. Love the putt putt comment, sad that I missed that one. I was just so focused on the game at hand.

Bummer that you arent a MB fan, I found a CD on sale that I was holding back until Sepetember for your bday.....I guess its off to the garage sale. Hope to make back my $.50 ! :)

Kristina P. said...

Anything with water is a scary place in America.

Amanda said...

Totally agree. Too funny!!!