Following Michael Jackson's sudden death MTV played a marathon of his videos. I would have enjoyed seeing that. I did watch several, of very poor quality, on youtube though.I was 4 when the Thriller album came out, but I remember listening to it over and over at my cousin Tiffany's house. Tiffany also forced me to perform dance routines with her to Michael Jackson and Madonna's music on a pretty regular basis at family gatherings.
I also distinctly remember the Billie Jean video from the early years of MTV. I think they played that video and the Beat It video all the time. And of course, I was completely terrified of the Thriller video. I got to show that video to my 11 year old sister this past weekend. How had she never seen it?
All that to say, his death was sad for me because his music was a big part of my early childhood.
Cousin Tiffany, Cousin Meredith, Me
In the other picture Tiffany and I are at Hanna Barbara Land. I don't know why we were sharing that stuffed animal.



1 comments:
I think I was 10 when Thriller came out. MTV did a Making Of, and we watched it over and over.
Too bad he was such a weirdo.
Post a Comment