Spurred on by amanda's healthy eating lately (be sure to congratulate her, she's continuing to be OP on a weekly basis!), I have decided to start eating a little healthier. You know, not as much mindless munching on the BBQ chips doused in Ranch Dressing...stuff like that. I've even been keeping track of what i'm eating (thank you Lose It for iPhone). It has seemed to be relatively easy so far. Sure there are nights that I'm hankerin' for a late night snack and have to restrain myself (typically with chains), but nothing too bad.
That is, until today.
My friend Paul and I had lunch together, and we ended up at Double Dave's. That's right, an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet!!
What was I thinking?!
I don't think I've ever been so upset. Let's face it, I love me some pizza, and I can eat a lot of it! combine that with my love of a good deal, and I might as well lie down and die. I have to admit, my end game at a pizza buffet is to see just how cheap I can get each piece, and we all know that can only be done by eating as many pieces as you can!
Well, the inner struggle of what I was to eat was happening the whole way over there, and I'm a little proud to say it didn't completely end up being a feeding frenzy. I chose water instead of the 5 glasses of Coke I normally would have had, and I only got the price down to $0.86/piece instead of the usual $0.25.
What a day!
-Marcus, SGB



6 comments:
I'm proud of you for not getting a coke! You don't even like water.
not to mention....CHEESE!!!
Double Dave's is shades of Pinnochio's! Ya dun good and I'm proud of ya! Your daddy would have said you're quite a man of restraint and he'd be proud, too. Love ya...
Wow Marcus - I'm impressed! Congrats to both of you for working so hard. Can't wait to see how awesome you both look!!!
Hey Amanda - you'll have to check out my most recent blog post. Landry's wearing the dress you got her. It's so cute!!!
Amanda, I'm just checking in with you! Haven't had an update in a while. :)
Post a Comment