I HATE hand dryers. Don’t get me wrong, I really do love the Earth. I try to do my part to be a good steward. I recycle plastic bottles, aluminum cans, and magazines and use canvas bags at the grocery store, but I still hate those stupid dryers. They do not work. I especially hate the ones that have pictures of trees on them and a lecture about how this hand dryer that doesn’t work is helping to save the Earth. Pfft… Typically when a hand dryer is the only option in a public restroom, I just flick off excess water in the sink and wipe my hands on my jeans.
On the other hand I LOVE my vacuum cleaner! It’s a Dyson and it is awesome! We got it several years ago, and were shocked at the amount of stuff it picked up compared to our old vacuum.
What do these two things have in common you ask?
Well, a couple of weeks ago Marcus and I were staying at the Hyatt Regency in down town Houston (thank you priceline.com), and just before we left, Marcus had to use the restroom in the lobby. After he came back out he told me that I had to see the hand dryer in the women’s restroom. I thought that was odd, but I complied anyway.
This is what I found in the restroom!
That’s right folks Dyson makes a hand dryer! And guess what! It works!!! I love that company!
Reaching for Momma!
12 years ago



2 comments:
Only you would blog about hand dryers and vacuums! I love it! I'm with you on the hand dryers, though. Don't they use electricity or something? That has to be harmful to the earth, too, right?
LOL...great minds think alike! I say "Double ditto" to the 2 Amandas. The top of my jeans under my shirt is the place...no one sees the damp spots. I too thought that if we don't use the automatic dryers we'd be saving energy. Right? Do you open the door with the crook of your pinkie when exiting since you don't have a paper towel? ;-)
Post a Comment