I love DVD vending machines. I really do. RedBox is my favorite. Besides the fact that you can find them at McDonald's (Yea, Big Mac!), I love the fact that it’s a movie for a buck…well, a buck a night anyway. I think they're ingenious. I slide my credit card through the machine, it gives me my movie, and then whenever I turn it back in, my card gets charged a dollar for every night I had it. Very simple and convenient.
So, a couple of months ago, I rented "Get Smart" from the MovieCube machine inside HEB (Just like a RedBox, just not as pleasant, but much closer to my house). I was excited about the movie, and I finally had time to watch it. Well, after I got the movie from the machine, I finished up my shopping at HEB and went home.
Three days later, I suddenly realized that I hadn't watched the movie. That annoyed me a little since that means I had paid $3 for the movie so far and I still hadn't watched it. But then it hit me that I couldn't think of where the DVD actually was. That's when I came to the dark realization that I must have left the disc in my basket at HEB. Now I'm really kicking myself.
I was hoping that someone had found the disc, and returned it to the MovieCube box (maybe after watching it themselves). That didn’t seem to have happened. I stopped by the HEB to ask, and no one knew anything about the disc. I watched our credit card for several days waiting for the charge to show up, indicating that someone had indeed returned the disc, but it never showed up. That is until finally, two weeks later, it appeared on our list of credit card transactions. The machine charged me $21 to purchase the disc (since I never returned it), plus $14 for the 2 weeks I had the disc checked out! More Kicking ensued.
A couple more weeks have now passed. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I bought some unknown person this movie as a present for a mere $35. I have even had a desire to watch the movie, and to trust myself with a DVD vending machine again. So last night I took the plunge and rented it (from RedBox this time). Unfortunately, we didn't have time to watch it yesterday, so instead I made a copy of it so that I could return the disk and still watch the movie at a later time (I don't want to spend any more dollars on this movie than I have to).
Then tonight, I realized that I again failed to return the disc to the machine today. Curse you blasted vending machine!!
I have yet to see this movie, but I hate it.
Marcus, SGB
So, a couple of months ago, I rented "Get Smart" from the MovieCube machine inside HEB (Just like a RedBox, just not as pleasant, but much closer to my house). I was excited about the movie, and I finally had time to watch it. Well, after I got the movie from the machine, I finished up my shopping at HEB and went home.
Three days later, I suddenly realized that I hadn't watched the movie. That annoyed me a little since that means I had paid $3 for the movie so far and I still hadn't watched it. But then it hit me that I couldn't think of where the DVD actually was. That's when I came to the dark realization that I must have left the disc in my basket at HEB. Now I'm really kicking myself.
I was hoping that someone had found the disc, and returned it to the MovieCube box (maybe after watching it themselves). That didn’t seem to have happened. I stopped by the HEB to ask, and no one knew anything about the disc. I watched our credit card for several days waiting for the charge to show up, indicating that someone had indeed returned the disc, but it never showed up. That is until finally, two weeks later, it appeared on our list of credit card transactions. The machine charged me $21 to purchase the disc (since I never returned it), plus $14 for the 2 weeks I had the disc checked out! More Kicking ensued.
A couple more weeks have now passed. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I bought some unknown person this movie as a present for a mere $35. I have even had a desire to watch the movie, and to trust myself with a DVD vending machine again. So last night I took the plunge and rented it (from RedBox this time). Unfortunately, we didn't have time to watch it yesterday, so instead I made a copy of it so that I could return the disk and still watch the movie at a later time (I don't want to spend any more dollars on this movie than I have to).
Then tonight, I realized that I again failed to return the disc to the machine today. Curse you blasted vending machine!!
I have yet to see this movie, but I hate it.
Marcus, SGB




1 comments:
greatness....my prediction is that it will be the worst movie you have seen in months....just cause.
Post a Comment