So our first full day at sea was super rocky pretty much all day and night. I had to use the restroom in the middle of the night. When I left the bathroom I held on to the door handle with my right hand and stepped down into the room with my right foot at the exact moment that the boat lurched to the right. The door swung violently to the right, taking me with it. I fell and twisted my right ankle, which is the ankle I sprained so badly two years ago.
So no snorkeling in Cozumel for us. Fortunately for us (but unfortunately for everybody else on the cruise) the Mexican Port Authority closed the port in Cozumel to all boats smaller than 50 feet because of the weather, so almost all water based shore excursions were cancelled. That meant we didn’t have to persuade the cruise personnel to refund our money for the snorkeling tour we had purchased, but could no longer do because of my stupid ankle.
My ankle is a lot better now, I don’t think any permanent damage was done or anything. I’m just trying to rest it as much as possible.




1 comments:
Bummer! You sure don't have good luck with that ankle! Hope you are having fun otherwise. :)
Post a Comment