Monday, September 15, 2008

what's playing on my ipod monday

Disclaimer: This song is not actually on my ipod. In fact, I really don’t like this singer.

I picked this song because today is Marcus’ birthday and he loves Alanis Morissette. Before Marcus and I started dating I liked her ok. (Actually I loved her on Nickelodeon’s You Can’t Do That on Television) He claims that I faked liking her until we got married. Not so. It's just that I listened to her so much with Marcus while we were dating, I eventually reached my Alanis Morissette saturation point. It just happened to coincide with our wedding. I promise.

I picked this song Unsent because she mentions a Marcus in the song. In fact, he rocked her world. This song is a series of unsent letters to her ex-boyfriends, and on an odd side note, I dated shockingly few men before getting married. In fact, I’ve only had 2 boyfriends, a Jonathan, and Marcus. This song not only mentions a Marcus, but also a Jonathan. Weird.

So Happy Birthday to my sweet Marcus and I know you’ll enjoy this song. And to everyone else, try to enjoy Alanis Morissette’s Unsent from her album Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. (If you can).


1 comments:

Marcus said...

And that's why I love you so much...you're so fling-flangin' sweet!