Well, it's that time of year again. You know what I'm talking about...the air gets crisper, the sun sets earlier, the leaves get colorier...
...and the pumpkin patches pop up on every street corner.
In the past, I may have had an embarrassing outburst regarding these patch phenomena (READ), but not this year.
This year I have decided to join them.
So here's my first Pumpkin Patch Photo Shoot. It went off pretty well, although the person retrieving the carts from the parking lot laughed at me. But that's ok, because I'm committed to doing this.
I think I may call a better photographer next time though...this guy had no idea what he was doing.
Hopefully the next one will be better.
Marcus, SBG
Reaching for Momma!
12 years ago



4 comments:
Marcus, Marcus, Marcus. You can't do your photo shoot at the grocery store! You have to go to a real pumpkin patch! Maybe next year you'll get it.
I'm just so new at it...
You're not altogether off base with the grocery store photoshoot: I worked at an orchard/farm that did the whole whole autumn kit-n-caboodle: pumpkin patch, corn maze, hay ride, apple picking, hot cider. We had tons of families on weekends and kids on school field trips on weekdays. So, even though the pumpkin patches were huge, we never had enough pumpkins. The owners would truck in pumpkins - in the grocery-store cardboard bins - and we would spread them out in the patches among the pumpkins growing there. Then the visitors would happily traipse around and pick out the perfect pumpkins, carting them back to the front of the farm. Definitely an inefficient use of manpower - but, the pumpkin patch business is built on fall-ish feelings, on the excitement of discovery and getting in touch with the earthy side of things. And, despite my cynical side (and a little disillusionment about the pumpkins), I still fall under the spell every autumn and can't wait for pumpkin patch and cider season.
(That was an awesome, random job -- I also learned about sizing and packing apples and shaping christmas trees!)
Ok, this is hilarious! I'm sooo going to give you a hard time when you have a kid and take them to a pumpkin patch! Good try here!
Post a Comment