Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I love this cat!

Ok I know I’ve posted about this before, but much as I am still soooo excited about Marcus, President Obama, and snorkeling, I am still excited about my cat. Gus is really the sweetest cat I’ve ever had, and I’ve had about a million and a half cats (so far). The best part about Gus is that he really really loves me, way more than a cat normally loves a person. If I have 100 more cats, none of them will love me as much as Gus does.



I also love my dogs (and Charlie) and of course they love me, but being loved by your cat is so different than being loved by your dog. No matter who ended up being Bailey and Emma’s humans, they would have loved them just as much as they love Marcus and me. Dogs are just like that, as evidenced in this clip from Disney’s Up

If your cat loves you, you know it’s because of you and not their natural inclination to love just any old human. Even Gus, who is super sweet, just recently started to kinda like Marcus, after 5 years of being fed by him. He loved me from the start though.

0 comments: